Harlingen Wellness Coalition Project Coordinator – Independent Contractor
The Project Coordinator – Independent Contractor will report to the Chair and Vice-chair of the Harlingen Wellness Coalition of the Mayor’s Wellness Council, in support of the Healthy Harlingen initiative.
Supports the Chair and Vice-chair by implementing the Harlingen Wellness Coalition vision, mission, and goals. The Project Coordinator will provide services by implementing systems, procedures, and policies; executing projects; fundraising, including identifying grants and seeking donations; monitoring social media; managing website updates; developing and implementing marketing and public relations campaigns; and carrying out other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This is a part-time independent contractor position working remotely; office use is available as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains administrative workflow and develops reporting procedures.
- Resolves problems by analyzing information, identifying, and communicating solutions.
- Maintains rapport with community members, city leaders, and partners by arranging continuing contacts; researching and developing new partnership opportunities; and setting priorities.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating needed actions to Chair and Vice-chair; discovering irregularities; and determining continuing needs.
- Completes administrative projects by identifying and implementing new technology and resources; redesigning systems; and recommending re-deployment of designated resources.
- Maintains continuous presence of the Harlingen Wellness Coalition by engaging the community utilizing various communication and marketing strategies and technologies.
- Coordinates the planning and preparation of grant proposals for one or more departments and prepares and compiles all components of each grant submission, ensuring that the proposal is formatted, packaged, and submitted in accordance with granting agency requirements.
- Maintains social media sites and provides updates to upcoming events in the community using social media sites.
- Plans monthly workgroup meetings and maintains agendas for each workgroup.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to develop and produce grants and other proposals.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Strong project management, customer service, and relationship building skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to deliver clear, concise information tailored to specific and varied audiences.
- Ability to effectively solve problems, think creatively, make decisions, take action, and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude and work independently with little guidance in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.)
- Proficiency in Facebook, including managing Facebook Pages in Desktop and Mobile environments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook.
- Proficiency in website development (WordPress).
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite or other design software a plus.
Qualifications and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience: At least two years of comparable experience, including performing independent contract work.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently.
- $20.00 per hour
- Part-time position with no benefits
- Compensation based on qualifications.
- This is a grant-funded position.
The Healthy Harlingen Executive Committee is soliciting applications immediately. Applicants who are interested should submit a current resume with letter of interest and send electronically to: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.